Nurse Manager, Beckman House
|POSITION:||Nurse Manager, Regular Full-Time|
|UNION:||BCNU or HSA – Nurse's Bargaining Association|
|SALARY RANGE:||$43.09 – $52.82|
|SCHEDULE:||Monday to Friday: 0730 hrs to 1530 hrs|
All applicants must be registered through the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals.
Please submit applications no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, November 25, 2022.
Job Description – Nurse Manager, RPN/RN
Beckman House Licensed Housing
|Classification Benchmark:||Direct Patient Care Profile Classification Level 4|
|Collective Agreement:||Nurse's Bargaining Association (NBA)|
|Reports to:||Operational Director|
The Beckman House Licensed Housing Program provide assistance, support and basic skill training to members in their living environment while encouraging independence, self-responsibility, and healthy lifestyle choices.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the overall operation of Beckman House in a manner consistent with the Licensing Act and the policies of the Motivation, Power & Achievement Society.
Functions and Responsibilities
- In accordance with all legislations and requirements, ensures a standard of care.
- Participates in development and implements all operational policies and procedures.
- Maintenance of house accounts and petty cash.
- Develops staff rosters.
- Develops in-service educational program commensurate with the needs of the facility.
- Establishes and maintains professional contacts with community and government agencies and health organizations.
- Observes building renovations and maintenance to ensure the needs of the persons-in-care and government regulations are met and to maintain environmental safety.
- Ensures that medical and psychiatric care services are provided for the persons-in-care.
- Serves as a member of the Medication Safety Committee.
- Ensures compliance with nutritional standards.
- With the Director of Licensed Care/Assistant Director of Licensed Care, participates in hiring/orientation of staff.
- Initiates the process for progressive disciplining of staff if needed.
- Responsible for quality assurance and risk management programs.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of individual plans for the person-in-care in conjunction with the care staff, Mental Health Team and the person-in-care.
- Consults, as required, with the team case Managers, the person-in-care’s psychiatrist, physician and other professionals involved with the person-in-care.
- Reviews all referrals and arranges for all interviews and admissions.
- Defines duties, organizes workload of all professional and care staff and arranges schedules to ensure adequate staffing coverage is maintained.
- Responsible for providing input into the evaluation of the work of care staff.
- As part of the management team, participates in formalizing and reviewing personnel policies and procedures.
- Assumes on-call duties for all licensed care facilities with the MPA Society as scheduled.
- Identifies and recommends training/skill enhancement for care staff.
- Responsible for the active and ongoing monitoring and follow up of the work of others and accountable for the outcomes of the care given by care staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Experience
- RPN/RN with BHSc (PN)/BSN preferred or an equivalent consideration of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a management position with experience in the operation of a psychiatric residential community care facility.
- Demonstrated management skills in a unionized environment.
- Able to work independently, exercise initiative and good judgement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- TB clearance and medical certification.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.